Sunderland Selectboard Meeting
Monday August 20th, 2018 At 6:30 PM
Sunderland Town Hall
- Call to order
- Introduction of those present
- Approval of minutes from August 6th meeting
- Public Hearing for the re-adoption of the Sunderland Municipal Plan
- Reports from Road Liaison and/or Highway Foreman
- Old Business
- Discuss school plowing and fuel usage
- New Business
- Municipal Planning Grant for BCSWA – discussion/approval
- Change of propane provider and yearly pre-buy – discussion/approval
- Bike & Pedestrian Grant approval received for $31,000
- Review of bills and signing of selectboard orders
- Review of correspondence
TOWN OF SUNDERLAND
Public Hearing Notice for the Re-adoption of the Sunderland Municipal Plan
The Sunderland Planning Commission has updated the town’s Municipal Plan in accordance with 24 V.S.A §§ 4384, 4385, 4444 and 4447. Based on these updates the Sunderland Selectboard is holding a public hear for adoption of these changes. Sunderland is amending its Municipal Plan with an updated Land Use Plan, Natural Resources section in accordance with Act 171 and with an updated Energy section in compliance with the enhanced energy planning requirements set for by the Public Service Department and Act 174.
Act 171 relates to forest fragmentation and a new Municipal Plan requirement to consider forest and wildlife habitat when planning for new development. Act 174 involves planning for renewable energy generation such as meeting state targets for new renewable energy generation and recommendations for the siting of renewable energy generation projects.
The general public and officials from adjoining municipalities are urged to attend this public hearing on August 20, 2018 at 6:30 pm at the Town of Sunderland Offices, 104 Mountain View Road, Sunderland. Written comments to the address below are also welcome.
Copies of the updated Municipal Plan are available at the Sunderland Town Office during regular office hours, located at 104 Mountain View Road, in Sunderland; and can be downloaded from the town’s website Here.
Submitted by: Mark Hyde, Selectboard Chair, Town of Sunderland
August 1, 2018