TOWN OF SUNDERLAND
Public Hearing Notice for the Re-adoption of the Sunderland Municipal Plan
The Sunderland Planning Commission has updated the town’s Municipal Plan in accordance with 24 V.S.A §§ 4384, 4385, 4444 and 4447. Sunderland is amending its Municipal Plan with an updated Land Use Plan, Natural Resources section in accordance with Act 171 and with an updated Energy section in compliance with the enhanced energy planning requirements set for by the Public Service Department and Act 174.
Act 171 relates to forest fragmentation and a new Municipal Plan requirement to consider forest and wildlife habitat when planning for new development. Act 174 involves planning for renewable energy generation such as meeting state targets for new renewable energy generation and recommendations for the siting of renewable energy generation projects.
The general public and officials from adjoining municipalities are urged to attend this public hearing on July 11, 2018 at 6:00 pm at the Town of Sunderland Offices, 104 Mountain View Road, Sunderland. Written comments to the address below are also welcome.
Copies of the updated Municipal Plan are available at the Sunderland Town Office during regular office hours, located at 104 Mountain View Road, in Sunderland; and can be downloaded from the town’s website.
Submitted by: Missy Bell-Johnson, Zoning Administrator, Town of Sunderland
June 15, 2018
Sunderland Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday April 25th, 2017
Site Visit 4:30 PM & 5:00 PM
Meeting 6:00 PM
Sunderland Town Hall
4:30 PM Site Visit – Unit 1 & Unit 3, Old Camp Road
5:00 PM Site Visit – Haggarty Subdivision, Hideaway Lane (off Dunham Rd.)
6:00 PM – Planning Commission Meeting and Hearings, Sunderland Town Offices
- Call to Order and Introductions
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes – January 3, 2018 and March, 28 2018
- Moo Canoe and Battenkill Inn, Represented by Architect David Mooney – Renewal of Change of Use Permits
- Haggarty Subdivision – Final Plat Review Hearing, Hideaway Lane
- VT Helios – Change of Use, Unit 1 & Unit 3, Old Camp road – Continuation of Hearing
- Scott and Dawn Goetz, Represented by Attorney Jonathan Cohen – Change of Use 272 South Road
- Town Plan draft review
- Zoning Administrator Update
- Open to the Public